At Dyslexia Matters® we are a friendly, caring, approachable team, of current practitioners, and our mission is to help people with specific learning difficulties and those who work with them.
When you train with us you will experience a warm and supportive learning environment and receive generous assessor input while gaining up to date, practical hands-on knowledge and access to online resources, placing you at the cutting edge of Dyslexia.
We are pleased to offer Level 2 Dyslexia/Specific Learning Difficulties Practitioner Award
The course is delivered online. There are a range of activities and informal assessments.
Level 2 Continued Professional Development(CPD) option with Dyslexia Matters Certificate – £350
Units of Work:
Unit 1. Understand the Context of Best Practice Provision for Learners with Dyslexia/Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understand the terminology used when learning about dyslexia/specific learning difficulties
- Understand the key issues regarding dyslexia/specific learning difficulties
Unit 2. Planning, Teaching and Reviewing Interventions for Learners with Dyslexia/Specific Learning Difficulties
- Be able to plan the follow and adapt an intervention programme for learners with dyslexia/specific learning difficulties
- Be able to collaborate with others involved in working with individuals with dyslexia/specific learning difficulties
- Be able to deliver a planned intervention
- To know how to evaluate a planned intervention of learners with dyslexia/specific learning difficulties
This is a practical introduction to understanding and supporting learners with dyslexia and/or specific learning difficulties, taught through a range of videos, cartoons, activities and powerpoints.
We anticipate the course will take approximately 40hours to complete